The Technical Assistance Unit was established in 2007 as a branch of Rehabilitation Science Department. It aims to provide a good quality services to normal and disabled students. It provides disabled students with advanced technical means and equipment to help them overcome the barriers and difficulties they confront, and integrate them in all mainstream systems of society. The unit aims to:
- Raise the awareness and knowledge of disabled students
- Assist blind or visually impaired students with audible and printed materials.
- Raise the awareness of the local society about the problems and needs of people with disabilities.
- Upgrade the social and cultural aspects of people with disabilities.
- Turn the curriculum and books into materials in Braille.
- Teach computer courses for disabled students.
- Organize training courses for disabled students.
- Offer technological services such as audio books and mobiles.