Engineering is all about rising to a challenge with an innovative solution. So students who want to invent new ways of doing things and work on some interesting projects, then engineering majors are the best for them. In such fields, students are being given the fundamentals and principles of engineering so that they can go on to their specializing area with confidence, then we support our students with the area they are most passionate about. Not to mention that all engineering students from different disciplines work hand in hand so that they get experience in as many disciplines as possible. UCAS also has strong projects in which new graduates can work or train.
This program has the following majors:
- Civil Engineering:
- Aims at preparing proficient civil engineer assistants who analyze, design, interpret, draw construction maps, and monitor the construction of the facilities or infrastructure. The students will comprehend different types of maps and schemes with high focus on construction maps. The students will be qualified to prepare bills of quantities, identify the nature of soils and types of foundations, draw and design the maps of roads, bridges and buildings.
- Qualifies the student to be a first assistant engineer to work with architects and other engineers. The students will have a high ability to generate creative ideas using engineering drawing software. The students will be able to read and recognize all types of engineering schemes, run and follow up all phases of buildings construction, acquire the technical skills of creating geometric models of buildings as well as prepare projects specifications and bills of quantities for all types of construction projects.
- Aims at preparing skilled land surveyors who are able to use modern surveying techniques, electronics and GIS in managing and analyzing digital cadastral maps. The students will be able to read and understand various cadastral charts and maps, and innovate accurate electronic survey drawings through engineering drawing software. The students will be capable to estimate the area and the dimensions, divide and partition lands according to the law, prepare budgets of different road projects, and deal with local and international GPS data networks.
- Interior Design:
- Builds up the student's skills to be an interior designer assistant who supports the interior designers in designing and implementing all the works in the office or the location. The students will recognize and master all types of drawings such as engineering, free and perspective drawing, architectural design, and working drawings. The students will be able to do a simulation to the designed models through various software along with using the elements of light, shade and sense to enhance the function, safety and aesthetics of interior spaces while taking into account how different colors, textures, furniture and space work together.
- Fashion Design:
- It is based on the combination of fashion design and manufacturing skills, supported by the practical application of many technical skills that refine a student's personality as a designer and simulate reality with high tech-tools, so as to produce a local product competing the quality of the imported product.
- Auto-Electronics Engineering: :
- Seeks to prepare an eligible technicians to deal with modern cars that contain microprocessors, several interconnected communication networks, entertainment systems, and safety critical software. The major provides the students with underpinning knowledge together with both technical and practical training on diagnosing and maintaining the problems of cars. It also helps the students know how to start and pursue a career in the automotive electronics field.
- Aims at preparing technicians in the field of agriculture to be able to carry out agricultural work accurately. Graduates can also be assistants to agricultural engineers in the implementation and supervision of agricultural projects; so that they contribute to the advancement of the level of agricultural work and its development in line with the requirements of the local market.
- Engineering of Water Desalination and Treatment:
- At a time of high global interest in environmental issues in general and in water & wastewater issues particularly, the implementation and financing of development projects in the same field increase. Hence there is a great need for qualified graduates able to work in these projects as well as in institutions concerned with the water and sanitation sector. This major is based on a combination of the theoretical & practical application on the one hand and modern technology & original experience on the other hand in order to simulate reality and keep pace with the great development that has occurred recently in the field of drinking water desalination and wastewater treatment.
Check this out!
UCAS is equipped with different facilities that help engineering students get trained before being immersed in real-life working experience, including: engineering studios with different drawing tools, Decoration workshops with computers for digital decoration designs, Computerized Engineering Drawing Lab, Surveying Lab equipped with digital planimeters, GPSs, stereoscopes and total stations, Gasoline and Diesel Workshops to practice car and gearbox maintenance, Car Simulation Lab, and Cars Electric Systems Lab for Modern Cars.
- Inspiring Graduate
"At first, I didn't believe that there is someone really interested in my ideas. My instructors discuss my views and artistic attitude. They motivate and support me all the time."
Amir Skeik, Interior Design
The new chapter of our students’ life begins HERE