The center of innovation and business collaboration is a keystone in UCAS, driving technology commercialization, industry engagement and partnership; thus transforming inventions of UCAS and connecting it directly to the expertise.
UCIBD gives UCAS the following features:
- Commercializing UCAS works by bringing the students and academic staff products to the widest possible audience.
- Facilitating seamless and strategic collaborations with companies looking for their specific area of expertise.
- Identifying companies that are interested in establishing joint relationships with the home researchers..
- Promoting the UCAS vast research potential and technological advances towards the industry.
- Finding potential sources of industry funding for research.
- Identifying learning experiences and internship, employment, and volunteer opportunities for the talented students.
- Managing technology transfer and intellectual property in UCAS toward commercialization.
- Enhancing multidisciplinary research initiatives in UCAS by connecting the different researchers who perform work in a specific area of expertise.